Grandma's Chicken Enchiladas & Fideo Seco
Time & Location
About the cooking class
Chef Alma Fernanda born in San Diego and raised on both sides of the border. Her interest in cooking began when she was a little girl. She graduated from Le Cordon Bleu with a Bachelor in Business Gastronomy and now loves to share her passion of food to inspire others to experiment in their own kitchens.
Click on Read More to find put the Ingredients list.
- Fideo Seco
- 200 grs fideo cut spaghetti box
- 1⁄4 piece white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 DRIED pasilla chiles or 2 tablespoons canned chipotle in adobo
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- Frsh queso panela or queso fresco for garnish (can sub with parmesan cheese) (not included in ingredients kit)
- 1⁄4 cup mexican crema or sour cream (not included in ingredients kit)
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- 9 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1/4 white onion
- 1-2 serrano chiles
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream (not included in ingredients kit)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk (not included in ingredients kit)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium sized pots
- 1 13x9 baking dish
- 2 frying pans
- Cutting board Knife
- Serving plates
- Small bowls
About Chef Alma Fernanda
Being a female chef in a male dominated environment is one of my proudest achievements. Traditionally cooking for women was seen as a housewife task more than a talent. I am thrilled to see how this mentality has evolved and how women are being recognized for being great chefs, as they have always been!
I believe some of the greatest chefs that have lived have been women in their homes cooking traditional recipes for their families. Women who love to cook, who carry recipes from their ancestors in their hearts and who cook from the soul. That is exactly what being a female chef means to me. I cook with the comfort and support of my ancestors. I go with the flow and let my intuition guide me. Cooking comes from the heart. It is a love language meant to be shared with all. Cooking is my love language.
Lovell Productions will be recording this class. If you do not wish to be recorded, please keep your video and audio switched off during the live event.
By purchasing and tuning into this online event, you agree that you may be filmed, photographed, or recorded, for use by Lovell Productions, and each of their respective licensee, assignees, and affiliates (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”). The released parties have the right to use your name, picture, voice, performance and any and all other likeness (collectively, “likeness”), in any manne, in all media (including, without limitation marketing, sponsorship, and advertisement) throughout the world. In perpetuity, you waive and right to inspect or approve materials or receive compensation for your participation or any use of your likeness. If you don't agree to these terms, please do not turn in video and audio during the event. If you are the parent/guardian of any minor(s) in the vicinity, you make all of the representations, agreements, consents, releases, and waivers herein on behold of yourself and such minor(s).
Find Your Time Zone
1 hour 30 minutesUS Pacific Time (West Coast)Los Angeles
1 hour 30 minutesUS Central TimeChicago
- Cooking Class$25+$0.63 Service fee$25+$0.63 Service fee0$0
- Class Recording$25+$0.63 Service fee$25+$0.63 Service fee0$0