Potato Gnocchi with Asparagus & Cipollotto (1)
DATE & TIME
Chef Francesco Lucatorto teaches us how to make Pasta Cacio e Pepe, who literally translates to “cheese and pepper,” and while those are the prominent flavours here, this dish is so much more. It’s transformative. And what makes it so perfect? Its simplicity. Click on Read More to find out more about the recipe and ingredients needed.
- 1 ½ lbs russet potatoes (about 2)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, small dice (tips reserved)
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups (250 g) all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten [not in ingredients kit]
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) butter [not in ingredients kit]
- 5-6 small “cipollotto” (spring onions or scallions), thinly sliced
- 1 cup (85 g) grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- medium pot for potatoes and gnocchi
- slotted spoon or strainer
- potato ricer, food mill, or cheese grater
- cutting board
- blender, immersion blender, or food processor (optional)
ABOUT CHEF FRANCESCO LUCATORTO
Chef was born in Genova, the world capital of focaccia. After studying the Culinary Arts in Italy (ALMA) he joined 2 Michelin star restaurant Providence under Chef Micheal Cimarusti. He soon began exploring the LA food scene, working for Terroni, Officine Brera, Otium, followed by the opening of Sixth+Mill Pizzeria and most recently Osteria Angelini. His passion for food brought him to discover the beauty of baking, kneading and proofing dough. This coupled with his Ligurian roots resulted in an obsession for focaccia.
Lovell Productions will be recording this class. If you do not wish to be recorded, please keep your video and audio switched off during the live event.
By purchasing and tuning into this online event, you agree that you may be filmed, photographed, or recorded, for use by Lovell Productions, and each of their respective licensee, assignees, and affiliates (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”). The released parties have the right to use your name, picture, voice, performance and any and all other likeness (collectively, “likeness”), in any manner, in all media (including, without limitation marketing, sponsorship, and advertisement) throughout the world.
In perpetuity, you waive and right to inspect or approve materials or receive compensation for your participation or any use of your likeness. If you don't agree to these terms, please do not turn in video and audio during the event. If you are the parent/guardian of any minor(s) in the vicinity, you make all of the representations, agreements, consents, releases, and waivers herein on behold of yourself and such minor(s).
- Cooking Class$29.50+$0.74 Service fee$29.50+$0.74 Service fee0$0
- Class Recording$29.50+$0.74 Service fee$29.50+$0.74 Service fee0$0