Stuffed Chicken with Medicinal Mushroom Gravy
DATE & TIME
Chef Zoey Gong will teach us how to prepare a Stuffed Chicken following Traditional Chinese Medicine food therapy principles. Grab your ingredients and we'll see you in the kitchen!
Click on Read More to find out more about the recipe and ingredients needed.
Pair a good wine with your dish! Check out Stanley's Wine in Los Angeles.
About the ingredients
Ingredients (4 Servings):
- Multigrain and Herb Stuffed Steamed Chicken
- 1 free-range small to medium sized whole chicken
- ½ cup purple sweet rice
- ½ cup white sweet rice
- ½ cup glutinous millet
- 8 lotus seed
- 2 tbsp goji berry
- 3-5 jujube dates, chopped and pitted
- ¼ cup dried cordyceps, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp scallion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- Extra virgin camellia oil (or other good oil)
- soy sauce or sea salt
- dark brown sugar (optional)
Plant-Based Medicinal Mushroom Gravy
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz fresh shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ cup whole wheat flour or other gluten free flour
- 2 cups mixed dried mushrooms (shiitake, cordyceps, oyster, etc.)
- 4 to 5 cups water or preferable vegetable stock
- 3 pieces of bay leaves
- Soy sauce and/or sea salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Big mixing bowl
- Sauté pan or wok
- Big steamer that is tall enough for a whole chicken
About Chef Zoey Gong
Chef Zoey Gong is a Traditional Chinese Medicine chef and nutritionist. Born in Shanghai, China, she now lives in New York City, where she hosts pop-up medicinal dinners and collaborate with various brands to teach the wisdom of medicinal cooking.
Lovell Productions will be recording this class. If you do not wish to be recorded, please keep your video and audio switched off during the live event.
By purchasing and tuning into this online event, you agree that you may be filmed, photographed, or recorded, for use by Lovell Productions, and each of their respective licensee , assignees, and affiliates (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”). The released parties have the right to use your name, picture, voice, performance and any and all other likeness (collectively, “likeness”), in any manner, in all media (including, without limitation marketing, sponsorship, and advertisement) throughout the world. In perpetuity, you waive and right to inspect or approve materials or receive compensation for your participation or any use of your likeness. If you don't agree to these terms, please do not turn in video and audio during the event. If you are the parent / guardian of any minor(s) in the vicinity, you make all of the representations, agreements, consents, releases, and waivers herein on behold of yourself and such minor(s).
- Cooking Class$25+$0.63 Service fee$25+$0.63 Service fee0$0
- Class Recording$25+$0.63 Service fee$25+$0.63 Service fee0$0